Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

The whole resume and interview experience was really neat for me, for the first time it made me feel like an adult. It was really exciting to go on monster.com to look for a job that I might actually like to do in the future. When I first started writing my resume I was worried that I would having nothing worth putting on there that a potential employee might like to see, turns out I have actually had more experience than I had thought. I would suggest to future college students, to create a document their freshman year where they just write jobs that they have had or any volunteering they have done, this way they can keep track of it and when it comes time to create a resume, it won't be as big of a deal.

The actual interview part was a little nerve racking at first. I couldn't figure out what to wear or what I was going to say exactly. I just kept rehearsing my biggest strength and weakness on my way to the Mrs. Roger's office. Once the interview started and we began talking I felt a lot more comfortable (I'm hoping this happens on my real job interview too)! I think that having to go through this process of creating a resume and a cover letter and presenting the best of yourself to someone really prepared me for what I'm going to be going through in a year or so.

The only question that really threw me was, "tell me a little bit about yourself." Honestly, when she asked me this question I couldn't think of anything to say. I think I might have been trying a little bit too hard at the beginning ha ha. However, once I relaxed the answers seemed to just come for me.

Some things that I would differently would be not saying "um" as much and being more confident with my answers. Also I think I would explain my passion for teaching and young children more.

No comments: