Sunday, October 5, 2008

Presentations

I really enjoyed the presentations this week! Unfortunately I was only in class for the first day of presentations because I had strep throat, so I wasn't able to see everyone present.

One of my favorite presentations from Monday was Sarah's. I have volunteered with Helping Hands at the house and I have always had many questions about how things were run and it really meant a lot to me to know that there is an organization that advocates specifically for these children. Also Sarah and I are in the same group for the client project so I was really excited to see her presentation because I know she will have a lot to bring to the group!

I also really enjoyed Lauren's presentation about facebook stalking. It was so funny and so appropriate for the audience. We always joke about stalking people on facebook (students as a whole I mean) and to hear a rap song about it and to actually have a guide is pretty hysterical. It also makes me think of how different things are in this day in age than they were when my mom was in college. It almost seems that now our lives are an open book and we have chosen for it to be that way. Lauren did a really great job presenting and I also was impressed with her powerpoint. I didn't realize you could make a facebook background for a powerpoint, that is something that would be really neat to know how to do.

Morgan's presentation was really awesome as well! It is so neat that her family is so close knit and has the tradition of going somewhere overseas for Christmas vacation! I have never been anywhere overseas so seeing pictures of the places she has been inspired me to go. However, I do travel state-to-state quite often because my Dad lives in Washington D.C. so I was able to relate to the making of travel plans.

I thought that presentations were a great way for all of us to get to know our classmates and it really made the class time enjoyable. I am looking forward to doing more things with our class like this.

1 comment:

Brianne R said...

Taylor,
I wrote about your presentation in my blog this week! I thought it was good to talk about Central Spirit and to recruit people! Also, it was fun to see what you had to say about it from your opinion.